Why Buy This Product?
Reliable solution to take care of your automobile
Incredible clarity and shine
Expected to provide high reliability and serve for years
Perfect care for your car
An indispensable help for car washing
The ultimate Paint Thickness Gage helps you escalate your business to the next level. Show everyone how professional you really are.
This lightweight and versatile unit automatically measures coatings on any metal even aluminum.
DeFelsko manufactures hand-held, non-destructive coating thickness gauges that are ideal for use by automotive paint detailers. They enable full service detailers to quantitatively measure and control the amount of clear coat removed when sanding and buffing automotive paints. Manufactured in the USA to the highest quality standard.
The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge measures the paint thickness on all metals, including steel and aluminum.
- Detailers, enthusiast, body shops, OEM dealership, auto manufacturers all use the Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge to determine the depth of paint.
How to Measure
Magnetic and Eddy Current
- Turn Gage on.
- Place the probe FLAT on the surface to be measured. HOLD STEADY. When a valid measurement is calculated, the Gage BEEPS and the measurement is displayed.
- Lift probe at least 2 inches (5cm) from the surface between measurements – OR – leave probe on the surface in the same location for continuous measurements every 2 seconds. Do not drag the probe sideways on the surface.
To occasionally verify gage accuracy, follow these simple steps:
- Measure an uncoated part. This quick zero-check determines if a calibration adjustment is needed for the particular object being measured.
- Next, lay the included plastic shims onto the bare surface and measure them individually to ensure the Gage can measure these known thicknesses within tolerance.
- Identify repainted panels and all previous refinish work
- Buff with precision and confidence. Locate where extra work is needed
- Improve finish consistency and quality
- Cut expensive paint materials and costs
- Show customers where more paint stripping or re-clearcoating is needed
- Determine depth of acid rain damage
- Simply measure right out of the box
- No Calibration Required
- Flip Display for right-side-up viewing in any position.
- Built-in wrist strap
- Largest LCD on the market
- Works in all types of weather conditions
- Fast, accurate measurements
- Pocket-size for one hand operation
- Durable quality construction
- Approved by major Dealer Equipment Programs such as Toyota, GM, BMW, Nissan, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai and Volkswagen
- FREE Certificate of Calibration
- 30 Day money back guarantee
- 2 Year warranty